Monday, July 2, 2012

Devil's Alley Bar & Grille

We got to Philly after being exhausted from the 5 o'clock traffic...we were starving. I asked my local friend (Brandon) for some suggestions he replied "Friday's"... And yes he did mean TGIFridays. Of course I would not be stepping into a chain restaurant. Unless I was desperate or in danger. YELP came to our rescue.

The reviews described this spot pretty well. Very unique and intriguing dishes. Although, every thing was sweet. Even the greens cooked with beer and the Mac'n'cheese with the tomato jam. I think my friend and I were both looking for something a little more savory. We didnt order any main courses. We did however order ALOT OF SIDES. Kind of a smorgasbord, if u will. The greens had a good flavor, the were made with black eyed peas and beer. The flavor was good, but they were too sweet for me. The Mac'n'cheese with the tomato jam didn't really live up to its name. It wasn't quite flavorful or creamy enough. I think because the cheeses they used were not sharp. The tomato jam was more of a stewed chunky tomato soup. I did like the sausage hash I got... But it needed something to cut the grease, the Tabasco sauce helped that out.

The fried Green tomatoes were GREAT!

The atmosphere here was pretty cool. You could tell the people that were there came often. I thought the flavors were a tad bit off, for the most part.

No comments: