Sunday, September 4, 2011

BUCA DI BEPPO


BUCA DI BEPPO

<image.jpeg>


Okay so a few weeks ago I went on a family trip to Lake George, which is about an hour past Albany. My parents made a huge deal about going into Albany for dinner that night to go to "bucka de peppa" as my mom so fondly refered to the best Italian they have every had- during their last trip to San Diego.

Now I was a bit skeptical; not that I doubt the palate of those who bequeathed me their adoration of the culinary art form. But! I've been to Italy; eaten pasta ragĂș in Pisa, linguine and clams in Rome, and Ribollita under the Tuscan sun. Now I know I probably sound like a snob, but I really just was disappointed we were going to a chain restaurant.

And you would believe me surprise when the windows were advertising things such as "air conditioned" with neon signs in the window. My exact words were "Mom, if the foods so good why do they have to advertise their HVAC system as a crowd draw?". But I soon found out that was just a part of their "gaudy Italian decor" theme. (which they executed perfectly I might add, perfect for sparking good dinner conversation)
We ordered the following:
-chopped antipasto salad
- supremo Italiano pizza
- linguine frutti di mare
- eggplant parmigiana
-and some amazing raspberry hazelnut cake with mascarpone cheese
-coffee
Obviously we were there for quite a while! But every course was more amazing than the previous. Also we ordered a small in every dish. All menu items are served family style a small would be good for about four people.
I would love to highly suggest this chain but I will just stand behind the BDP in Albany,NY. The service was also great. REQUEST VINNY. He was great we felt right at home. My only critic is that the sangria was quite weak, watery even. But hey! no ones perfect. So good job Buca Di Beppo; I'll be back!

No comments: