Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Empire Brewing Company

Empire Brewing Company
http://www.empirebrew.com/

So I've ALWAYS wanted to go to the blues breakfast at Empire. But I never quite got around to it. Until last weekend I finally made it. And it was everything I expected. It was a perfect day for comfort food and listening to blues. The drizzling rain and grey clouds seemed to enhance the acoustics. From the moment we walked on Walton we could hear the bellowing beats of the blues band.

We were seated relatively quickly. And our drink order was the blues brunch coffee (w/ Grand Marnier, Kahlua & dark Crème de Cocoa w/ whipped cream). It was very strong maybe a teaspoon of coffee was in there. But it felt so good going down. For brunch I ordered :
Huevos rancheros (crisp flour tortilla, mashed red beans, diced tomato, poached free range egg, salsa verde, red chile sauce, cheddar-jack cheese, lime dressed java slaw & our moca-heti )
And Teresa ordered :
Belgian waffles (served w/ maple butter, scrambled eggs, bacon & local maple syrup )
Now here's the thing breakfast is generally one of the cheapest meals to make. (And I can throw down breakfast at home -just saying) so when I go out for breakfast/brunch I kinda expect a lot (maybe too much).
Well the waffles were good. I love that they you local products, and seeing that maple is indigenous to this part of the country the syrup was great. My meal was good not great. I think it was a little under seasoned ( there is such a thing as too fresh). I wish the greens were slightly blanched. But there wasn't a bite left.
Overall I will definitely go back because I adore the atmosphere that Empire provides, and ambiance goes a long way.

No comments: