Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Shango Bistro



www.shangobistro.com

Shango Bistro and Wine bar Nov 2011

So it was time again for a ladies night again so I gassed Sangria up ( that's my car) and we jumped on the 90 to Buffalo. My good friend suggested this restaurant , a New Orleans inspired bistro. The restaurant mostly caters to small parties. Our party however wasn't quiet what I would refer to as small there were about 12 of us. But, to our delight the Shango staff catered to our every need.

The meal started out with a bread basket which had three different types of bread. They appeared to be: French, whole grain and corn. The corn bread was scrumptious! Like cubes of pound cake.

For entrées the group varied quite a bit.
Here goes

Whole wheat spaghetti, lobster tail, jumbo sea scallops, wild mushrooms, tomatoes, arugula, cognac cream sauce.. 25




Buttermilk fried free range Chicken, cheddar cheese & green onion grits, bacon braised southern greens, Andouille sausage gravy.. 20

Penne, sautéed crawfish, shrimp, Spars Andouille sausage, Cajun cream sauce.. 22

Blackened Tuna Tacos ...10. Fried Calamari ...9


Panko fried meadow painted egg and arugal salad...8 braised Brussel sprouts 6


My meal was the first one I thought that the lobster was kind of rubbery and I wished the scallops had been pan seared and added just before the meal was served. I don't particularly care for the texture of steamed scallops, and I feel they have more flavor seared. Also the regular spaghetti was subs tired for linguine because they had run out. The past was cooked perfectly and the sauce was Devine! That's saying a lot because I don't like cream sauces.

The chicken on the other hand was bland, the crispy layer was seasoned well but the chicken underneath had virtually no flavor, until I dipped it in my cream sauce that is. I'm a firm believer in a brine and a WELL salted brine is what that chicken needed, at least some sort of marinade.


The Brussel sprouts with the pork fat ummm how can you go wrong with pork fat... Answer: You Can't !

I really wanted to try the dessert but I didn't, I have a girlish figure to watch ya know. But if I did have dessert I would have gotten the apple bread pudding with maple bacon ice cream!

So until next time Shango Bistro


you've been bitten

No comments: