Monday, July 2, 2012

The Franklin Mortgage & Investment Co.

I'm so excited to share this with you! This is one bar totally worthy of Anthony Bourdain's "Layover".

When the Yelp results on this came up I kept passing it over because I wasn't looking to invest or mortgage! Finally I read the reviews and I'm so happy I did. Apparently this bar is left over from Prohibition. Which makes sense you'd find it in Philly, one of the most historic cities in our country.

I read somewhere that the alcohol is distilled on the premises ( but don't quote me on that, I couldn't relocate the source). The drinks were delicious. The names of the drinks were ... Interesting.

The atmosphere was great, very subdued. Most of the light is candle light. The Franklin would be great for intimate groups. It seems that large groups would be discouraged just due to the way the tables are arranged.

Also, the Rittenhouse square is just about a block away, perfectly lit for a night time stroll. When we were walking around there were a diverse group of people enjoying the wether and pleasant conversation, as well as the people watching.

No comments: