Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Glazed and Infused!!!!

Most Amazing doughnut ... Ever! (well, in 24 years). But, these doughnuts will be hard to beat.

Me and my posse were headed to wicker park on day 2 of our Chicago food-cation. When we walked out of the train we saw a huge sign that said "NOW OPEN ... Glazed". Well, you know, they had me at 'glazed'. Apparently this was a new doughnut shop which shared its space with a pre-existing restaurant. The restaurant was also packed.

So we jumped in line and our mouths immediately started watering when we read the menu. The aroma that filled that line was like sweet fried cloud. As you could see from the picture of the little girl below (picture entitled: 'me want doughnut').

I'm gonna side step for a second and mention the app "level up". It's this app that links to a credit card and allows you to pay from your smart phone. It also allows you to add a tip. But, the real reason I mention this app is because once you select your location 'level up' will give a list of nearby businesses (most dealing with food/beverage) that will give you a discount for using this app to pay. Glazed and infused for instance gave a $10 credit towards my account... My doughnut was FREE, and the next time I'm back and decide to use 'level up' my credits will be there for me to use.

Wicker Park is a must stop anyways if your in Chicago. It's filled with eclectic shops and people. Sites to see and be seen in. If you take the blue line train to the Damen stop. Glazed and Infused will be right down the stairs across the street.


Thanks Grace for the photos!

No comments: